Yesterday I got a whole big bunch of extrusions to make a router table. (Actually I thought I was ordering a single extrusion, so this was a huge disappointment). Anyways I decided to make it work and epoxied them all together.

Today I drilled, tapped, and assembled the finished table for the Y axis of the machine. It was slow going because everything has to move without binding. If anything is out of alignment, the motors won’t be able to move the table and cutters properly and the workpiece would be ruined. But I managed it.

 

Tomorrow, time permitting, I will work on getting the X axis carriage going.

This last picture shows how this layout will work… once I’m done.