Getting back in the game

Last April when I had my kidney removed I knew I was going to have to reduce my exposures to chemicals and solvents to near zero.   I was very concerned about the luthiery because of course, I used lacquer to finish the wood… very fumey and bad for me. Today for the first time…

Continue Reading

Back from a posting hiatus

It’s been awhile since I posted (in fact I took time off from building) because of some personal stuff coming up but anyways I’m getting back into the swing of things. I mounted the neck on my newest Dreadnought today. Curly Maple back and sides, Sitka Spruce top, mahogany neck. In terms of size and…

Continue Reading

Nearly done

Here’s where she sits… standing up under string tension The initial setup is done, and the action is good. But this was a random collection of stuff a few days ago and now it’s a guitar, so it will take time for the timbers to take a set. I’ll let it hang out for a…

Continue Reading

I got the motors to spin today.

Huge breakthrough: all the hardware, except for one motor coupler, is installed; and I got the motor controllers configured enough to spin the motors. All 3 axes. This is huge; I have some fiddling around to get the thing moving predictably and smoothly, and to install some movement limiters so it doesn’t self destruct– but…

Continue Reading